Make Your Mark
Make Your Mark is a campaign to increase the number and diversity of heritage volunteers in Scotland. The campaign was created as part of Our Place in Time, Scotland’s first national strategy for the historic environment. It is also part of the recent refresh of the strategy, Our Past, Our Future.
The Scottish Civic Trust acknowledges the challenges of volunteer recruitment and retention which many of our community and heritage groups are currently facing. We believe that volunteering is key to the success of our communities and sharing our stories. Please do get in touch if we can help.
Alongside other major stakeholders in Scotland’s heritage and voluntary sectors, the Scottish Civic Trust sits on the campaign steering group. We also host the Campaign Coordinator, and provide inclusion expertise through our Diverse Heritage project.
Make Your Mark has a membership a of 85 heritage organisations across Scotland. The campaign supports members by:
- Sharing resources about inclusive best practice
- Organising events on inclusive volunteering
- Hosting the Volunteer Organisers Network
- Promoting volunteering opportunities via an online heritage volunteer portal
- Celebrating volunteer stories
- Organising taster sessions with community groups and national organisations representing marginalised and underrepresented groups
- Developing an inclusive volunteering toolkit as part of Scotland’s Volunteering Action Plan (to be launched summer 2023)
Visit the Make Your Mark website to learn more about the campaign, access inclusive heritage volunteering best practice and join the campaign.